Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fahrenheit 38... and Dropping

That's how cold it was this morning while standing outside in the pouring rain during a fire alarm. Oh, you bet your sweet ass a story will ensue:


6 a.m. EST -- I'd made up my mind to skip my 8 a.m. and sleep longer until my test at 10. Until all hell broke loose. My dorm is right beside the hospital, which randomly makes weird beeping, honking, buzzing sounds. I imagine it's similar to what Transformers sound like during sex. Now, I'm a heavy sleeper...I could sleep through a tactical nuke. Granted, I'd be dead, but dead asleep. So these were some funky noises to get me up. Yawn. Rolled over and went back to sleep.


6:16 a.m. EST -- The storm outside continues to rage, with pounding winds and long, drawn out thunder crashes. Not ideal conditions for sleeping. Not ideal conditions for sleeping through your first class on the last day of classes. God's way of saying, "I'm having a bad day, so will you."
6:28 a.m. EST -- Let's add insult to injury and pull a fire alarm, shall we? I seriously contemplated sleeping through it instead of evacuating. So as the loud, obnoxious siren permeates my brain, I give up on sleep, get up and join everyone else who's bitching out on the balcony. I distinctly remember thinking, "If this motherfucker isn't burning to the ground, I'm gunna be pissed." Oh, did I forget to mention I live on the 8th floor? And that, one apparently cannot use an elevator in times of a fire?

You get the point. So now let's all huddle together outside, with no flames to watch, cheer us up, or keep us warm.

Keys To A Shitty Morning:

  1. Woken up by whoever pulled fire alarm (I will find you..) -- Check


  2. Freezing Temperatures -- Check


  3. Pouring rain to complete the mood -- Check

All covered.

7:02 a.m. EST -- Finally back inside. Wet, cold, and depressed. Least of all there could have been a small microwave fire or some girl singeing her hair with a straightener. Something to make waking up so early worth while. So now, attempting to reenter sleep is futile. I'm mad, cold, wet, tired, and grumpy. What can trump all of those at once, you ask?

Breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment